RFA “12 Days of Giving” Raffle Rules
Thank you for supporting RFA. These terms and conditions refer to donations qualifying as entries made online, by mail, and given in cash.
1. The cost of each entry into the RFA raffle is $5.00. You may purchase more than one entry, and there is no maximum number of entries. Payment to enter the raffle must be made in advance of the draw date. Any payment received after the draw date will be treated as a donation.
2. Qualifying donations must be made between November 27, 2018 and December 12, 2018 by 12:00am PST.
3. The RFA “12 Days of Giving” Raffle is open to all US residents of all ages, except employees of RFA, Board Members, and their families.
4. RFA recommends and assumes that any participants under the age of 18, having access to the internet and ability to make a donation, have a parent or guardian’s explicit permission to make said donation. RFA assumes no responsibility for a minor’s actions and no refunds will be made if any minor makes a donation without permission.
5. For donations qualify for the “12 Days of Giving” raffle, entrants must be residents of the United States (only) and be 18 years of age or older or, if under the age of 18, have the permission of a parent or guardian. This means that donations made throughout the duration of the raffle from Canada, Mexico, and any other country in the world will be treated as standard donations only and will not earn any entries into the raffle.
6. RFA will draw the winners on December 13, 2018.
7. Monies raised by this raffle will support the activities of the direct services of RFA, registered 501(c)(3) #35-2626599
8. Participation in this raffle can be made by mailing a check to RFA: 14931 Magnolia Blvd, #4, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 (check payable to Raising From the Ashes) or through this website with payment by credit or debit card or PayPal, where entrants will receive an immediate receipt of their payment through email, or by cash to an employee of RFA who will provided a receipt. Some credit card providers may charge a fee for your donation payment. Please check with your provider before making a donation.
9. Participants will be entered into the draw only when the whole payment is received.
10. Once whole payment is received, for each $5.00 increment, the donor’s name will be entered into the drawing. (For example, a donation of $5.00 will earn “Bob” one name entry, and “Jane’s” $25.00 donation will enter her name into the drawing five times.)
11. RFA accepts no responsibility for returned or failed credit card payments, lost receipts, bounced checks, or any other form of payment issue which prevents the donor from participating.
12. RFA accepts no responsibility for insufficient, illegible, or damaged information that prevents a participant from being identified or accepting their gift should their name be drawn, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
13. Any donations received after the closing date may miss entry into the draw and therefore will be considered as a donation to RFA.
14. Names will be drawn randomly.
15. Gifts will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the 1st gift down to the last one. One gift per person only. Please see RFA’s donation page for a full list of all 12 gifts’ details (value of gifts vary and are subjective).
16. The result of the raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. Please keep your receipt for your records as proof of donation.
18. Where RFA draws a participant’s name that falls under Section 12, another name will be drawn until the winner can be mailed their gift. Should the address provided cause the gift to be returned, the gift is considered unclaimed and RFA may apply the item as it sees fit, including re-offering the item in future raffles.
19. All gift recipients are required to cooperate with RFA’s right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested.
20. In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, RFA reserves the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where RFA deems it appropriate and/or feasible it will notify entrants of the error.
21. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. RFA reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
22. The RFA raffle is subject to the laws of California and the United States.
23. RFA’s decision in all matters relating to this raffle is final. Any complaints and disputes may be directed via email to email@example.com where they will be handled in accordance with the procedure. If your complaint relates to the outcome of your charitable raffle donation and cannot be dealt with by RFA to your satisfaction, you have the right, free of charge, to have the matter referred to the California Attorney General’s Registry of Charitable Trusts, using Form CT-9. The OAG may also refer you other offices or departments in which you have the right to file a complaint.
RFA is committed to operating this raffle is a socially responsible way. If you, or someone you know, need information and or help with problem gambling, please call the National Helpline at 1-800-522-4700 or visit https://www.ncpgambling.org/.