Raising From the Ashes is a nonprofit public benefit corporation based in Los Angeles, CA that raises money and educates on a variety of social and environmental issues solely through music related events, something both the founders are passionate about, along with helping others. Recognizing that no one has a sole cause that they care about, RFA takes the opportunity to represent a diverse collection of other nonprofit organizations and their causes at each individual event. Concerts, meet and greets, and acoustic shows are all something that fans spend their hard earned money on on a regular basis. RFA believes music can do more and allows them to continue doing just that, while empowering them to give back to their community and learn about so many of the different important causes that exist today.
How Raising from the ashes came to be:
Natasha and Emily have been volunteering for various causes for years and they met during their dedication to Music For Relief. Both have had the success individually of raising thousands of dollars through the sale of custom merchandise and campaigns and have participated in hands on projects to help the environment, underprivileged, and animals. They were only acquaintances until the tragic passing of Chester Bennington, the founder of Music For Relief, when they came together in grief for some comfort. Shortly after, they were talking about creating an event to give back in Chester's name; and then multiple events. Both feel that music, giving back, and helping others also helps them through their own dark times, so the decision to build an official nonprofit was made. In a bittersweet twist, something good was rising from this tragedy... Raising From the Ashes was born.
raising from the ashes' code of ethics:
Raising From the Ashes is committed to the belief that its employees, volunteers and board members uphold the highest standard of ethical, professional behavior with respect for the communities we work with and serve, integrity in our actions and responsibility for our decisions and their consequences. Employees, volunteers and board members shall dedicate themselves to carrying out the mission of this public benefit corporation and shall:
- Act honestly, truthfully and with integrity
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Appropriately handle any actual or apparent conflicts of interest
- Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public in the performance of professional duties
- Treat every individual with dignity, respect and consideration
- Respect Privacy Concerns of all donors, sponsors, clients, staff, members and volunteers
- Treat employees with respect and fairness and provide a safe workplace
- Carry out the mission in a professional manner and positive leadership
- Be a good corporate citizen and comply with both the spirit and letter of the law
- Manage donations and funds responsibly and prudently to effectively further the charitable purposes of the corporation
- Be responsible, transparent and accountable for all of our actions
- Act in such a manner as to uphold and improve accountability, integrity, transparency and effectiveness of the nonprofit field
Conflict of interest policy:
Raising From the Ashes has a clear policy on any conflict of interest for staff and board members. We encourage our staff and Directors to continue to have broad interests and participate in a variety of community, charitable and business activities; this experiences leads to valuable expertise for our corporation. However, from time to time, this may cause a situation to arise where these personal or business interests may affect decisions or negotiations related to a contract, transaction, or other business related matters between the corporation and an individual or entity.
In all such cases, Raising From the Ashes understands that the potential for conflict of interest needs to be recognized and disclosed, and appropriate steps taken to prevent influence, favoritism, or personal or financial gain by any staff or board member. To that end, all staff and board members shall annually complete a conflict of interest disclosure form.
As a member of the nonprofit field, Raising From the Ashes aims to reach the highest levels of ethics and professionalism. Integrity, accountability and transparency in every aspect of our corporation is of the upmost importance; as such, the following documents have also been made readily available to the public.